A brief summary of our 2016 YLA programme
ReJuice (YLA 2017 Winning Team)
Tasked with tackling the issue of reducing food wastage, the ReJuice team set out to create fresh, made-to-order juices, sustainably produced to reduce wastage of fruits and vegetables. In their words…
Ugly fruits are still fruits. Ugly they may be but it’s important to remember that despite their looks, they are perfectly okay on the inside!
And that is why #reJuice uses ugly fruits to produce #reJuice. Our juices are a testament to people that sometimes, what’s ugly might not necessarily be bad.
Our aim is not only to reduce food wastage but to raise awareness among Malaysians that sometimes even something small (like choosing ugly fruits when grocery shopping!) can help reduce the amount of wastage that goes to landfills. #reJuiceWastage.
To support their cause, visit their Facebook page here.
Our runner-ups were…
Crafugees is a social enterprise committed to providing refugees with the platform to put their best quality handmade crafts to the public, with the hopes of giving them a better quality of life. We achieve this by building a sustainable yet environmental friendly ways of creating crafts such as beanbags, pouches, clutches, tote bags, and etc.
Project Pedal is a social enterprise driven by a single goal: to provide accessible healthcare to the needy. The idea: Volunteer cyclists travel to rural communities carrying medical kits containing basic healthcare essentials, thus creating awareness and social impact.
Mentors and Speakers
The YLA 2017 group was greatly inspired by some of the most influential leaders in Malaysia for which are grateful for their support.
To name a few, we have had the honor of having:-
- Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn, Executive Director, Investments and Head of Strategic Management Unit, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Anand Krishnan, Managing Director, Endeavor
- Azran Osman-Rani, CEO and Co-Founder, Naluri Hidup & Advisor, iflix
- Chen Chow Yeoh, Co-Founder, KFit
- Derek Toh, Founder and CEO, WOBB.CO
- Dzameer Dzulkifli, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Teach for Malaysia
- Eugene Teh, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Digi
- Thor Eu Gene, SVP, Creador
- Fermin Fautsch, CEO, Blueberry Telecom
- Jenny Yeh, Managing Director, Din Tai Fung Malaysia
- Jing Pei Goh-Asmala, Regional Director of Partner Engagement, Teach for All
- Karthik Karunanithy, Co-Founder, 100% Project
- Khairil Anuar, Group Strategic Management Division, SME Bank
- Selvendran Katheerayson, Director, Investments, Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Sylvia Yin, Co-Founder and COO, Shoppr
- Terry Lim, Head, Corporate Strategy and Planning, CIMB Group